In 2010 Kevin joined Zobec as Chief Operating Officer and Chief Financial Officer. He became President in 2013 and is responsible for oversight of the day to day operations of Zobec (including its affiliated entity Baker Tilly) and managing its staff of accountants, lawyers, trust and corporate administrators and bookkeepers. Kevin, who is a member of the board of directors of Zobec, is responsible along with other members of the senior management team, for the development and advancement of Zobec and its clients. He has detailed involvement on all large trust and corporate relationships. As a Chartered Financial Analyst (“CFA”) Kevin is responsible for oversight of client investment portfolios and liaising with investment advisors. This role includes stress testing and risk exposure reviews for large family and corporate structures. Kevin serves as Director on a select number of client company Boards, including subsidiaries of publicly listed entities.
As principal of the affiliated firm of Baker Tilly, Kevin is responsible for the oversight and development of the firm’s audit practice. Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a leading global network of business and advisory firms represented in more than 140 countries.
Kevin has in excess of 25 years of combined professional experience in Bermuda, including 16 years working for Elan Corporation, plc (now part of Perrigo Company plc) an Irish pharmaceutical company with significant international interests. He has in depth experience with respect to the funding, development and commercialization of pharmaceutical assets. In his capacity as President and Chief Financial Officer of Elan International Services Ltd., Kevin ran Elan’s offshore office and was responsible for corporate finance, product development oversight, treasury, captive insurance management and financial reporting functions. During this time, he led a series of structured financings for the Elan group of companies including raising in excess of $2.5 billion in working capital. Kevin also played a key role in a corporate recovery plan, including a $2 billion corporate debt restructuring and divestiture of a healthcare investment portfolio. In his capacity as a CFA, Kevin was an integral member of the treasury team, managing in excess of $2 billion of assets. Prior thereto, Kevin worked for the Bermuda office of KPMG where he ran the firm’s management company, providing accounting and corporate services. Kevin qualified as a Chartered Accountant in London, England with Stoy Hayward (part of the BDO network of firms).
A strong advocate for international business, Kevin is a member of the executive committee of the Association of Bermuda International Companies (“ABIC”). Representing the internationally owned businesses located in Bermuda, ABIC plays a key role in the direction of legislation, policies and practices as it relates to international business in Bermuda.
• President, Zobec
• President and Chief Financial Officer, Elan International Services Ltd., Bermuda
• Senior Manager, KPMG (Chartered Accountants), Bermuda
• Auditor, Stoy Hayward (Chartered Accountants), United Kingdom
• University of Wales, Cardiff – Bsc Econ (Hons) – Accounting, 1987
• Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales, 1990
• Institute of Chartered Financial Analysts, 1996
• CPA Bermuda (formerly the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Bermuda), 1991
• Treasurer, Director and member of the Executive Committee of the Association of Bermuda International Companies
Directorships on Public Companies
• Director on public company subsidiaries including, Perrigo Company plc (PRGO), Jazz Pharmaceuticals, plc (JAZZ) and AECOM (ACM)
As Chief Operating Officer of Zobec, Phil directs on all aspects of the business including strategy, management and development.
Phil is an Accountant with 20 years’ experience in the offshore trust, insurance, and investment industry.
Prior to joining Zobec, Phil was previously a director of the Ocorian Group. He was Client Director on a range of entities including licensed and exempted funds, private trust companies and partnerships of various types. Activity of entities ranged from shipping, investment holding, insurance/reinsurance, insurance linked securities (ILS), commercial real estate, mutual funds, pharmaceutical, aircraft, technology, energy & mining, telecommunications and manufacturing.
Phil’s practice includes specialising in providing solutions to and working with companies, individuals and families on corporate, investment and trust matters, and involvement in the management, administration and accounting of financial structures covering the jurisdictions of Bermuda, BVI, Cayman and Marshall Islands.
Phil is a Fellow of the Chartered Association of Certified Accountants (FCCA) and a member of the Society of Trust and Estate Professionals (TEP).
• Chief Operating Officer and Client Director, Zobec and Continental Management Group, Bermuda
• Director, Ocorian Group, Bermuda
• Senior Accountant, Deloitte and Touche, Bermuda
• Business Services Manager, Wilkins Kennedy (formerly Jordan Brookes), UK
• Solent University, Ba (Hons) Accountancy
• Fellow of the Chartered Association of Certified Accountants (FCCA)
• Society of Trust and Estate Professionals (TEP)
• Treasurer, Bermuda STEP Branch
Directorships of Public Companies
• Directorships have included private trust companies, Nasdaq, NYSE and TSX-listed Bermuda-based subsidiaries.
As one of the key principals of Zobec, Zoë directs on all aspects of the business including
strategy, management and development. Prior to joining Zobec, Zoë was an associate in the
Private Client & Trust Department of Conyers Dill & Pearman’s Bermuda office.
Throughout Zoë’s career she has advised on and been responsible for a wide range of trust
structures including the incorporation and administration of private trust companies, the
establishment, use and management of private and commercial trusts, the duties and roles
of trustees and protectors, and the application and administration of corporate vehicles in
complex multi‐jurisdictional structures. Zoë has managed and administered a number of
private trust structures holding a variety of assets including operating companies, charitable
entities, stamps, artwork, airplanes, yachts, commercial real estate and intellectual
Zoë’s practice includes all aspects of corporate and fund administration, overseeing an
extensive and varied portfolio of companies including mutual funds, pharmaceutical,
internet, manufacturing, insurance and permit companies. Zoë’s experience extends to
licensed and exempted funds and partnerships of various types.
Zoë currently provides in‐house legal services as well as trust and corporate management
services for several large family‐owned businesses. She is often called upon to use her legal,
trust and corporate background, along with Zobec’s strong accounting and audit team, to
provide stress testing and risk exposure reviews and audits.
Zoë has been an executive member of the STEP Bermuda branch, and a member of its
Technical Sub‐Committee, one of the driving forces behind recent legislative changes in the
Bermuda trust industry. She has been involved with various industry working groups
including the implementation of FATCA and the regulation of trust and corporate service
providers. She is member of Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators.
• Vice President, Zobec
• Associate, Conyers Dill & Pearman
• Cardiff University of Wales, LLB, 1999
• Bristol University of West England Legal Practice Course, 2001
• Bermuda, Barrister & Attorney, 2002
• Member, Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP)
• Member, Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators (ICSA)
• Member, Association of Bermuda Compliance Officers (ABCO)
Directorships on Public Companies
• Watlington Waterworks Limited (registered on the Bermuda Stock Exchange)
In his capacity as Chief Financial Controller, Anthony oversees all accounting and financial aspects of Zobec.
Anthony is trained and experienced in working with owner-managed and/or family-controlled organisations and, together with the Zobec team, has advised and assisted clients with the identification and management of risks arising from control, compliance and operations.
Anthony provides accounting services to a portfolio of trusts and companies. Clients look to Anthony to provide a range of services from cash management, annual budgets, financial reporting and general treasury management.
Anthony has been instrumental in building Zobec’s affiliated audit practice Baker Tilly Insley (“BTI”) which provides auditing and ancillary services to a range of entities from small local operating companies, licensed trust companies, reinsurance companies and other financial services companies. Known for his practical knowledge and efficiency, Anthony is able to provide a risk-based audit approach allowing for a meaningful advisory and audit role.
• Financial Controller, Zobec Group
• Supervising Audit Senior, Dearien & Co., Charleston, West Virginia
• Auditor, Paterno & Associates, Charleston , West Virginia
Education / Qualification
• Certified Public Accountant, CPA
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Accounting, West Virginia State University
• Member, West Virginia Board of Accountancy
• Member, Certified Public Accountants of Bermuda
As Corporate Manager, Carol provides management and administration services to Zobec’s corporate clients.
With over 25 years experience in the industry, Carol has extensive know-how of Bermuda companies, and a working knowledge of companies located in the British Virgin Islands, Cayman, Switzerland, Guernsey, Jersey, Singapore, Delaware, Ireland, Curaçao and Germany. Her portfolio includes all aspects of corporate administration, overseeing an extensive and varied portfolio of companies including mutual funds, pharmaceutical, film production, manufacturing, insurance, publicly listed, segregated accounts and permit companies. Carol’s experience extends to licensed and exempted funds and partnerships of various types.
She has worked with a number of family offices and, for over ten years Carol administered a large family office overseeing all aspects of the corporate and back office functions including maintenance of corporate records, preparation of minutes, cash management, bookkeeping, human resources, and compliance. During this time her role extended to that of trust administrator providing her with further proficiency in all aspects of trust administration, aircraft financing, private trustee companies, residential and commercial property management, commercial trusts, charitable trusts and foundations.
Carol’s portfolio currently includes a number of pharmaceutical companies and she works closely with Irish, New York and Swiss advisors. She has been part of various committees for clients and tasked with projects including IPOs, listing and delisting for public companies, re-domicile of companies including licensed funds, application of licenses, global restructuring of multi-jurisdictional groups, employee incentive schemes, establishment of segregated account companies and acting as registrar for public companies.
• Corporate Procedures I & II, The Bermuda Branch of The Canadian Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators (ICSA)
• Vocational Paralegal, Institute of Legal Executives
• Executive Secretarial Program, Burdett School, Boston, USA
• Member Bermuda Association of Compliance Officers (ABCO)
As Chairman of Zobec, Marc brings over 50 years of experience in accounting, corporate and trust services. He has held senior positions in a number of industries including hospitality, wholesale and retail trades, accounting, LPG and crude oil trading and shipping.
As an independent member of the Board of Zobec, Marc provides valuable objectivity and insight from his own professional experiences. In his role as Chairman, Marc ensures the integrity of the Board’s processes.
Marc is fluent in French, English, Spanish, German and Italian.
• Chief Financial Officer, Starc Group of Companies
• Baccalaureate degree in Hotel Administration
• Chartered Professional Accountants Associations (CPA), Bermuda and Canada
• Institutes of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators (ACIS), Bermuda and Canada
• Past zone Chairman for the Lions Clubs of Bermuda and a current Director of the Hamilton Lions Club, recipient of the Melvin Jones award
• Secretary of the Bermuda Society for the Blind
• President of the “Alliance Francaise des Bermudes”
• Member of the Bermuda Chamber Choir
Directorships on Public Companies
• Director on public company subsidiaries including Perrigo Company plc (PRGO) and Jazz Pharmaceuticals, plc (JAZZ)
As Trust Manager, Faith brings with her a wealth of experience and manages a variety of structures including discretionary trusts, charitable trusts and companies for both local and international clients.
Faith’s trust administration proficiencies extend to overseeing trust structures holding a variety of assets including operating companies, charitable entities, artwork, yachts and residential and commercial real estate. Faith also has extensive experience in probate administration and management, as well as the formation and governance of charitable organisations.
Prior to moving to Bermuda in 2014, Faith was a trusts and estates attorney in New York. Her practice focused on all aspects of estates and trusts, including administration, planning and litigation, and encompassed trust administration and estate probate for institutions, families and individuals including high net worth international clients.
Faith is also a Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS) and she has her Diploma in International Trust Management. She is currently pursuing full membership in the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP).
• Associate, Holland & Knight LLP
Education / Professional Qualifications
• University of Pennsylvania Law School, JD, 2006
• Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS)
• Diploma in International Trust Management (STEP)
• New York, 2007
• California, 2016 (inactive member)
• Associate Member, Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP)
• Member of ACAMS