Zoë is the Chief Operating Officer of Zobec providing trust, corporate and accounting services. As one of the key principals of Zobec, Zoë directs on all aspects of the business including strategy, management and development. As Head of Compliance, Zoë ensures the operations of Zobec are consistent with industry best practices. Prior to joining Zobec, Zoë was an associate in the Private Client & Trust Department of Conyers Dill & Pearman’s Bermuda office.
Throughout Zoë’s career she has advised on and been responsible for a wide range of trust structures including the incorporation and administration of private trust companies, the establishment, use and management of private and commercial trusts, the duties and roles of trustees and protectors, and the application and administration of corporate vehicles in complex multi-jurisdictional structures. Zoë has managed and administered a number of private trust structures holding a variety of assets including operating companies, charitable entities, stamps, artwork, airplanes, yachts, commercial real estate and intellectual property. Zoë currently provides in-house legal services as well as trust and corporate management services for several large family-owned businesses. She is often called upon to use her legal, trust and corporate background, along with Zobec’s strong accounting and audit team, to provide stress testing and risk exposure reviews and audits.
Zoë is an executive member of the STEP Bermuda branch, and a member of it’s Technical Sub-Committee, one of the driving forces behind recent legislative changes in the Bermuda trust industry. She has been involved with various industry working groups including the implementation of FATCA and the regulation of trust and corporate service providers.
• Chief Operating Officer, Zobec Group
• Associate, Conyers Dill & Pearman
• Cardiff University of Wales, LLB, 1999
• Bristol University of West England Legal Practice Course, 2001
• Bermuda, Barrister & Attorney, 2002
• Member, Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP)
• Executive Committee Member, STEP Bermuda Branch
• Member, Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators (ICSA)
• Member, Association of Bermuda Compliance Officers (ABCO)
Directorships on Public Companies
• Watlington Waterworks Limited – registered on the Bermuda Stock Exchange (WWW.BH)